Your business is growing (and so is your intellectual property)! More clients and sales mean it is more important now than ever to protect those trade secrets and intellectual property. Maybe you are ready to outsource some of the less essential tasks, so you can focus on the big picture or the client interactions. Perhaps you’re hiring a professional bookkeeper, or an editor for your upcoming book. In any of these situations, you may need to disclose, or give the other party access to, your business secrets or intellectual property. This agreement ensures that your disclosures are properly handled and protected – so you can confidently move on with doing the business of your business.
UNILATERAL CONFIDENTIALITY & NONDISCLOSURE AGREEMENT
THIS TEMPLATE ADDRESSES THE FOLLOWING ISSUES:
- Clearly identifies the parties involved and why the information must be disclosed
- Clearly describes what information will be shared and must be kept confidential
- Clearly describes the permitted and prohibited uses of the confidential information
- Allows the disclosing party to seek injunctive relief (court order) to stop the improper use or disclosure of the confidential information
This template is suitable for any business owner in any industry who needs to disclose confidential information about their business and/or intellectual property to another party and wants to ensure that the disclosed information is protected.
- 3 page, fully customizable template
- Welcome Video
- 2 videos explaining the legal terms; guiding you through the customization; and, telling you what steps to finalize and put your document to use
- Downloadable full written instructions guiding you through the customization, and putting your document to use
01. Choose Confidently
02. Get In The Know
Learn about and understand your templates:
- We want to make sure that you not only get to customize your templates your way, but that you also understand what your template means.
- Our easy-to-understand explanations of each section of your template is available to you in both video format and written format.
- No complicated legalese when we explain your templates, so you will be empowered to explain your own template to your client.
03. Prepare Efficiently
Like a great recipe, gather the right ingredients for your template:
- There is no guess work on what you might need when filling out your template, as we tell you exactly what you will need in both video format and in written instructions.
- Just as we would not make a cake without a recipe, you do not want to customize your template without the key ingredients.
04. Customize Uniquely
This is legal your way, on your schedule:
- When you customize your templates, you will get to follow the steps at your own pace.
- Videos and full written instructions are provided to guide you step by step – you decide what method works best for you.
- Our signature colors will alert you when you need to fill in certain information or customize the language with the options provided.
- There is no guesswork on what you need to do, and you can do this all on your own time!
05. Take Action
Finalize your templates and put them into action.
- You have a completed document and guidance on how best to use it.
- Through our videos and written instructions, we will let you know what steps you need to take to make the template enforceable – like notarizing – and best practices for maintaining your legal document(s).
Now, you are In The Know!
06. Shine and Share
Tell us about your experience and share your success story with us! We would love to hear from you about your experience in filling out the templates, as well as any success stories you may have in using them – we might even share your story on our blog!